“Don’t lie down with anyone who is not willing to stand up for you.” Robert Overstreet
The goal of “Mental Nourishment” is to connect the world with Resources from around the world which contain tips and guidance for your journey towards success. Most importantly, how to live a life with well balanced emotional health.
1. Compliment Yourself 2. Don’t Make Excuses 3. Let Go of Anger 4. Practice Forgiveness 5. Be Honest and Direct 6. Be Helpful 7. Listen to Others 8. Act Locally 9. Always Be Polite 10. Be Yourself 11. Be Open to Change 12. Be Respectful 13. Don’t Show Up Empty-handed 14. Educate Yourself 15. Surprise People
1) “Change your Environment: One of the easiest things you can do to transform your energy is to make changes to your environment!
If the energy of a past relationship still lingers in your home, causing you grief and sadness, change things up! Get yourself a brand new comforter, some brightly colored throw pillows you love and paint the walls. Bring in fresh flowers, play a completely new kind of music and declutter. Hang new photos and buy yourself new dishes.” Keep Reading
2) “Change your Location – This is all about mixing things up and creating a new environment for yourself. Sure, sometimes it might mean moving to a new job or apartment, but it doesn’t have to be a big to-do!
Start taking the peaceful, scenic route home from work. Maybe instead of heading straight home, you stop off at the gym, a coffee shop or a friend’s house. Instead of shopping at the same grocery store, mix it up and hit a different brand name or just visit another neighborhood’s farmer’s market.” Keep Reading
3) “Change your Location – This is about more than just “think happy thoughts,” though I highly recommend you practice positive thinking. It’s about creating the space and opportunity for new ideas and growth. Growth forces us to release limiting beliefs and try out new ways of thinking, being and processing our world.” Keep Reading
12 Things every Guy Should Master to Become a Real Man
1) Be fearless – Being fearless does not mean being without fear, being fearless means admitting your fears and going beyond them.
2) Be resilient – A man should be flexible and reliable at the same time.
3) Live, speak and listen from the heart – A real man doesn’t hide his feelings and intentions. He is not afraid to be gentle nor afraid to be sad.
4) Own your anger – A real man owns his anger. His anger has transformed into masculine compassion. He can be angry, strong, decisive and courageous.
5) Own your anger – Try not to become a man of success, try to become a man of value.
6) Own your edge – This life is a journey and we all are somewhere on our path. A real man is honest about where he is at in his development.
7) Be vulnerable – A coward is always trying to hide his weak spots, a real man works on them.
8) Make love passionately – A real man does not hold back. When he makes love he opens up to all his rawness and all his tenderness and he gives his woman everything he has got.
9) Practice a martial art – When push comes to shove every man should be able to defend his wife, children and honor.
10) Have a sense of humor – (don’t take yourself so fucking seriously)
11) Own your edge – A real man can hold both the utter importance and the utter unimportance of life at the same time. He can see his own failures and flaws and joke about that. Since he knows his self image is just an image he feels no need to defend that image.
12) Be real – In the end a real man knows that he is just a guy. He does all these things because that’s what he is: a man. He likes hanging out with other men, he might drink beer during football, he loves his woman and he works wholeheartedly.
1) Kindness Makes us Happier – When we do something kind for someone else, we feel good.
2) Kindness Gives us Healthier Hearts – Acts of kindness are often accompanied by emotional warmth.
3) Kindness Slows Aging – Aging on a biochemical level is a combination of many things, but two culprits that speed the process are Free Radicals and Inflammation, both of which result from making unhealthy lifestyle choices.
4) Kindness Makes for Better Relationships – This is because kindness reduces the emotional distance between two people and so we feel more ‘bonded.
5) Kindness is Contagious – When we’re kind we inspire others to be kind and studies show that it actually creates a ripple effect that spreads outwards to our friends’ friends’ friends – to 3-degrees of separation.
The following is from the site “HelpGuide.org”. I am not trained professionally, I have suffered thru depression (does not make me an expert, I did gain empathy). My gift to you is provide information that is able to lead you towards the right direction so you will
“Depression drains your energy, hope, and drive, making it difficult to do what you need to feel better. But while overcoming depression isn’t quick or easy, it’s far from impossible. You can’t just will yourself to “snap out of it,” but you do have some control—even if your depression is severe and stubbornly persistent. The key is to start small and build from there. Feeling better takes time, but you can get there if you make positive choices for yourself each day.” Read More
Depression self-help tip 1: Cultivate supportive relationships
Depression self-help tip 2: Challenge negative thinking
Depression puts a negative spin on everything, including the way you see yourself, the situations you encounter, and your expectations for the future.
1. “Parents are people too and why I will never be your best friend.” 2. “Think for yourself, that’s why you have your own brain.” 3. “There will always be problems: focus, focus, focus!” Read More
6 Practices to Handle Holiday Stress
November 15, 2014
The holidays can be a stressful time. As much as we have fun, all the hard work and time that we invest making sure everyone else is happy can place an extra physical, emotional, and mental burden on ourselves. The following two sites with great resources and recommendations for helping us cope.